If you had to name your favourite animal, it probably wouldn’t be a lobster, would it? But a US friend of mine is a huge fan of these particular crustaceans so, when I made this project, I knew I just had to send it to her.
And now, at last this card has reached its destination on the other side of The Pond, so I can post it on my blog. To be fair, the US Postal Service isn’t entirely to blame for the delay; I’ve been meaning to post it to my lobster-loving friend for weeks but kept forgetting.
It’s a mixed media project, as you can see, and this time I was heavily inspired by Italian crafter Barbarayaya. I loved her underwater scene and couldn’t resist recreating her gorgeous project using SU supplies.
Here’s what I did:
- I stamped Gorgeous Grunge splodges quite liberally over a piece of Whisper White cardstock in Versamark and embossed with clear powder.
- I sponged the background over the top with green and blue inks. The ink simply wiped away from the embossed areas.
- I stamped the weeds in Cajun Craze.
- For the border, I stuck some Typeset DSP to some Whisper White cardstock (to give it more strength) and cut it out using the Square Framelits Dies.
- Next I sponged it with various brown inks.
- I pressed the whole border into my Versamark pad so that it was completely covered, then dipped it into clear embossing powder and heat set. This is raised up onto the background using dimensionals.
- The sea creatures are created in the same way. I stamped and sponged them to colour them; no worrying about going over the lines because I then cut them out.
- Again I pressed them into my Versamark pad and embossed them with clear embossing powder.
- The finishing touches are some cut-out words (from a SAB set) and some Bermuda Bay sequins.
- It’s mounted onto a square Crumb Cake card base.
So, out of interest... what IS your favourite animal? I will be very surprised to hear of any other lobster fans!
Links by TheseAreMyStamps.com